Saturday, July 5, 2008

July fourth was a nice family day for us - John had to work and Katy wasn't home from the lake with the Fulk family until after lunch, but when we were all together we headed over to mom and dad's for hotdogs. As usual we walked down to the fireworks at Memorial Field, but this time we were prepared and asked dad to bring his ear protectors for the boys. This made all the difference for Zach, and he was able to stay and watch the festivities with only about nine requests to leave. But they were very reasonable - he would just turn around as the fireworks exploded overhead and say "May we go home now?"
Before the fireworks began the Nevers Band played, which is a band that has been around for about one hundred and fifty years. I think last night was probably the first time a MOSH PIT was formed for them, which I am sure we can thank our oldest son for. Way to go down in history, Jake!

2 comments:

Tamara said...

Sounds like a great time!!!

Steph said...

YAY!!!!! I feel like I don't know you anymore..."where oh where has my Katie gone, oh where, oh where can she be?"...I'm so glad I checked your blog this AM!

What can I say? A picture is worth a thousand words

What can I say? A picture is worth a thousand words

How many cups of coffee do you drink in a day?

"He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep,
to gain what he cannot lose."
-Jim Elliot
"If You wanted me to be like You,
Why'd you make me like me?

If You wanted me to love You only,
Why'd you make the moonlight sparkle in her eyes?"

--Todd Agnew