Wednesday, April 30, 2008

"Simple Monkey and a pat on the bottom"

Well, Gabe patted his preschool teacher on the bottom today. I guess it's time to have a talk with him about personal space and boundaries. There was another incident already this morning, before he got to school, involving Gabe, his dear friend Maddisson, and HIS bottom. Enough said.
Laurie came over with her three kiddos today - we'd been planning lunch because Gavin and Maddi had their annual physicals and it was right up the street. So after a nice restful three hours of sleep, I was up and at 'em this morning, picking up stuff for lunch and then racing back here in between Zachy's preschool pick up and drop off to try to clean up the disaster that IS when Mommy has been sick for a couple of days. We had a yummy lunch, despite the "Bottom" episode (seriously: what is wrong with my child????) and strawberries with fresh cream for dessert. A nice little pick-me-up.
While I was making some pizza dough for dinner, the boys were playing happily (NOTE TO SELF: it actually happens!) in the living room with some stuffed animals and Gabe's ever present SpiderMan costume, when I heard, "Come on, Simple Monkey." I had to poke my head in. "Zach, what is your name?" (He has this really cute stuffed orangutan John bought him, which he was tailoring his identity to, I assume.) "Simple Monkey!" he replied. Just as I thought. Wow, what a day.

1 comment:

Steph said...

Pat, Pat...
Is it time for "the talk" already?! Oh boy..remind us not to leave Afton and Gabe alone...LOL...I'm glad you had a good visit and lunch!

What can I say? A picture is worth a thousand words

What can I say? A picture is worth a thousand words

How many cups of coffee do you drink in a day?

"He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep,
to gain what he cannot lose."
-Jim Elliot
"If You wanted me to be like You,
Why'd you make me like me?

If You wanted me to love You only,
Why'd you make the moonlight sparkle in her eyes?"

--Todd Agnew