Saturday, April 26, 2008

Gabe weighs 50 pounds - I remember weighing 50 pounds (um, two decades - yes, decades- ago, but still, I remember). Seeing my children experience life that I remember experiencing is really strange.

Of course, one could argue that me actually remembering ANYTHING is strange. The other day as I was preparing for John and I to go away for one (very precious) night, I went down to Main Street to pick up some gourmet munchies to enjoy in front of the fireplace, et cetera. "Butters" is this lovely looking wine and cheese shop, which I have never been in to, since it didn't have carts the size of our van, with as many seats for my boys. I parked across the street and skipped over to the store, feeling very posh as I set about choosing which cheese wheel and baguette I wanted, selecting some delicious chocolate almonds (dusted with cocoa, and from SPAIN), to go into the picnic basket also. My purchase made, I left the store and got into someone else's van. Not just one of those "oops, I almost grabbed the handle of someone else's vehicle" moments. Oh, no. I got all the way in , sat down,and wondered who had placed the pipe cleaner stars on my rear view mirror. My getaway was quick, but I must've looked like a complete nut as I giggled my way across the street.



Our sixth anniversary was a few weeks ago (which is what we were celebrating with our night away in Meredith) and I am very proud of us. It feels like an accomplishment, and I am glad that when we eloped, we meant what we said.



My mind is drawing a blank, which is why I need to blog on a regular basis. The last few weeks have been a rough patch for me, and most of my routines have been battles that I may or may not win, depending on the day. But progress is my goal, and I want to keep going the way I have been. So I'll be back soon.

2 comments:

Steph said...

Yay!!! I love to read what you write!!

Joshua said...

I'm glad you are back to blogging. I love reading it!
Happy anniversary BTW. Six years is awesome!
I love you babe!

What can I say? A picture is worth a thousand words

What can I say? A picture is worth a thousand words

How many cups of coffee do you drink in a day?

"He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep,
to gain what he cannot lose."
-Jim Elliot
"If You wanted me to be like You,
Why'd you make me like me?

If You wanted me to love You only,
Why'd you make the moonlight sparkle in her eyes?"

--Todd Agnew