Wednesday, March 26, 2008

A couple nights ago, Jake, Katy and I sat down to figure out the "LOST" game that I bought over a year ago; it had yet to make it's debut into our repertoire of family games, mainly because the fifteen pages of directions don't lend themselves to a relaxing evening. After about three minutes we opted to play "Chutes and Ladders" instead. As usual, I was managing to lose every game, and then we realized that our cats really wanted to play. So being the equal opportunity type of family that we are, we allowed Phoebe and Dimitri to join in on game night. Quickly, the cats took the lead, and in no time at all, actually won the game! We have photo documentation to prove it.
As I write this John is in the boys room hanging up some blinds. They have curtains but the other night I was putting them to bed and Zach began the infamous summer diatribe: "It's still daytime" "It's not dark" "I need to get up" blah blah blah. Well, NO MORE! Of course, John + hanging blinds does not a relaxing afternoon make, but in the end I'm sure even he will agree that it was worth it.
Zach just informed me that he is a hot dog, and would like me to eat him. Gotta go!

2 comments:

Steph said...

You've been busy working on your page...very nice! Speaking of it still being light at bedtime...Afton was asleep at 7:30 the other night! I was amazed!!

Joshua said...

That is always hard for our girls too! We just keep pointing to the clock. "Well, the clock says it's time for bed!" :)

What can I say? A picture is worth a thousand words

What can I say? A picture is worth a thousand words

How many cups of coffee do you drink in a day?

"He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep,
to gain what he cannot lose."
-Jim Elliot
"If You wanted me to be like You,
Why'd you make me like me?

If You wanted me to love You only,
Why'd you make the moonlight sparkle in her eyes?"

--Todd Agnew