Thursday, March 20, 2008

The term "Potty Talk" has taken on a whole new meaning since the boys turned four and five. Suddenly, they became aware that certain words are not polite, and they were so thrilled and fascinated by this that I had to create a new rule to contain their enthusiasm. Potty talk is only allowed in their bedroom. To ban it altogether would take me to new heights of monitoring, and days like today, when I am driving people back and forth to school, hitting three grocery stores, buying Easter outfits, taking Jake to karate, and then working - well, it's just kinda nice to say, "Hey! Take those words into your room, please."
And so, as I put away groceries faster than a speeding bullet, I hear these kind of things being hollered behind closed doors:
"Welcome to my butt!"
"Ahoy, the Underwear!"
"Snug as a bug in a Poop!"

2 comments:

Steph said...

"Welcome to my butt"...hehehehe...that should be the name of your blog!

Joshua said...

Oh my goodness! Spend a little while, but I have caught up. When did you get a blog?
I am so excited. You have a talent to writing.
Wow, our kids are so different. You must have thought you were in a different world at our house with all our girls! :)

welcome to my butt! HA!

What can I say? A picture is worth a thousand words

What can I say? A picture is worth a thousand words

How many cups of coffee do you drink in a day?

"He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep,
to gain what he cannot lose."
-Jim Elliot
"If You wanted me to be like You,
Why'd you make me like me?

If You wanted me to love You only,
Why'd you make the moonlight sparkle in her eyes?"

--Todd Agnew