Tuesday, March 25, 2008

A little while ago I called into work, and found out that one of the soldiers that died in Iraq on Saturday was Joanna's boyfriend, DJ.
What do you say or think when you find out that one of your friends will be seeing the love of her life for the last time , in a casket? Just last week we were giggling together over Joanna's "webcam date" with DJ - it was the first time she'd seen him since he was deployed, and she said it was great. They were planning to have a date every week, now that DJ had a camera.
Joanna, I am so very sorry. Your heart is broken and the earth keeps spinning, although your world has stopped.

2 comments:

Steph said...

Lot's of thoughts and prayers for Joanna, his family & hers! I can't imagine the pain she is feeling right now! Good thing she has you for a friend & I will keep praying for her!

Joshua said...

Wow. That is so very sad. We are so honored that men like him serve our country.
Praying for Joanna.

What can I say? A picture is worth a thousand words

What can I say? A picture is worth a thousand words

How many cups of coffee do you drink in a day?

"He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep,
to gain what he cannot lose."
-Jim Elliot
"If You wanted me to be like You,
Why'd you make me like me?

If You wanted me to love You only,
Why'd you make the moonlight sparkle in her eyes?"

--Todd Agnew