Saturday, March 15, 2008

Saturday morning, so I'm still in my pjs. For some reason it is snowing again, so the house seems dark and sleepy. The boys are playing explorer, flying around the world but mostly landing on a big rock, from which they claim to see all of America. Occassionally I try to push the airplane/flying routine - not that I really see a need, because with a grandfather, great-grandfather, and a great uncle (spanning both sides of the family tree) that are and/or were pilots for their entire adult careers, I figure at least one of the boys is a shoe-in for the next generation of aviators in our family. (Plus,Jake owns a pair of aviators.) A small piece of me worries that Gabe will still be trying to fly a car made out of a boat, but whatever.

1 comment:

Steph said...

At the rate my kids are "playing" at one or both will be competing in the 100 yard dash! Every other minute they ask, "do you wanna run, Mama? Please, please, please!" So, we run from one end of the house to the other! Olympics, here we come!!!!

What can I say? A picture is worth a thousand words

What can I say? A picture is worth a thousand words

How many cups of coffee do you drink in a day?

"He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep,
to gain what he cannot lose."
-Jim Elliot
"If You wanted me to be like You,
Why'd you make me like me?

If You wanted me to love You only,
Why'd you make the moonlight sparkle in her eyes?"

--Todd Agnew